Even if Bratislava is much smaller than majority of European capitals, it offers a generous portfolio of job opportunities for non-Slovak speakers. If you speak English fluently and in an ideal case have another interesting second language, specialize in IT or are a native English speaker with teaching experience, your chances are pretty high! There are of course jobs for other profiles, too. Where to check available job postings? Here are a couple of tips for those who are looking for a job in Bratislava!
- Profesia.sk – the largest job directory in Slovakia and most user- and foreigner-friendly.
- Jooble.org – a portal focusing on collection of job openings from various websites
- Internationals Bratislava – the organization Internationals Bratislava runs a project “Non Slovak speaking jobs in Slovakia.” Its aim is to create the biggest and clear database of international positions in Slovakia. They provide guidance for job-hunting individuals whilst cooperating with corporations, helping them find suitable candidates. They are not a hiring agency and this project is run purely on voluntary donations and voluntary work.
- Career Jet – another job search engine with jobs in Slovakia. It provides job seekers with an access to a huge selection of jobs that are sourced from various internet sites, saving the trouble of having to visit each site individually.
- Kariera.sk – a job section of the popular Slovak portal zoznam.sk
- Praca.sme.sk – a job section of the Slovak news portal SME
- Volnemiesta.pravda.sk – a job section of the Slovak news portal PRAVDA
- Ponuky.sk – somewhat cluttered interface and less used
You can also share your CV with one of the agencies to match your profile with a suitable job opening. Below is a list of a few options operating on the Slovak job market:
- Active Personnel Solutions
- Arthur Hunt
- Business Development
- CPL Jobs
- Drill B.S.
- Exact Recruitment
- Grafton Recruitment Slovakia
- Hofírek Consulting
- Human Resources Consulting
- Index Nosluš
- Job Management
- NATEK IT Outsourcing and Consulting Services
- Selecta – Personal agency
- Synerta Personnel
- Williams & Partner Slovakia
Social networks can help you in your job search as well. There are several Facebook groups for foreigners – they do not necessarily focus on the job search but employees of international companies post free vacancies from time to time there. Or you can use them to ask about job opportunities through a post:
- Foreigners in Bratislava
- Expats in Bratislava
- InterNations Bratislava
- Bratislava Language Exchange Meetings
There are also some Facebook groups focused on the job search, unfortunately mostly in Slovak:
LINKED IN GROUPS
You can also join some of the job related groups at the professional social network Linked In:
- Jobs in Slovakia
- All Slovakia – News, jobs, networking, business opportunities
- ITKARIERA.COM – IT Jobs in Slovakia, Czech republic and EU
- HR JOBLIFE Slovakia
Source of the photos: Unsplash.com