- The public transportation system consists of buses, trolley buses and trams – no underground :)
- They operate from early morning (around 4am) and end around midnight
- The tickets must be purchased prior to entering a vehicle – at the ticket machines available at most of the stops, newspapers kiosks or special public transportation shops
- You can also purchase a ticket by sending a blank text message to number 1100 or by using a mobile app.
- After getting on the vehicle, you need to mark the ticket in a special machine which is built in each bus, trolley bus and tram – otherwise, if you are caught, you can get a fine of 50 €. The same goes for the text message ticket – you need to have a return sms prior to entering the vehicle.
- Red and blue tourist trains (such as on the picture) are available to hop on if you want a guided tour of the city :)
- Advertisement -